A Modern & Lightweight V-Twin Racing Platform
In a return to design basics, Frederick Cederna Design and JHP Racing/Ducati Coventry developed the Ducati Desmodue 1170RS as a modern and lightweight racing platform to take on Superbikes & SuperSports.
Combining the 300 pound weight with a 115 hp power plant, the 1170 RS targets the power to weight ratio of a GP 250.
For more details see www.1170RS.com
Own Braking. Own the Corner. Own the lap. 1170 RS.
Design: Chassis & Power Plant
- Potent power-to-weight ratio: +115 hp power plant and 301 pounds (almost dry ? includes front fork oil, rear shock oil, battery, and brake oil) with stainless steel valves.
- Lightweight chassis: Pierobon F042 frame with revised swing arm
- Carbon Fiber front sub-frame and integrated rear sub-frame (seat)
- Working ram-air system for a racing Desmodue
- Rear cylinder cooling: Targeted air flow through air tunnels & body vents
- Lower exhaust and COG
- Improved engine cooling: large 'V' oil cooler
- Improved fuel delivery: 1098 fuel pump
- Modern electronics: Falco digital dash/data logger/lightweight battery/wiring harness
- Chassis: F042 with updated swing-arm
- Wheels: Magnesium Dymag 7-spoke
- Transmission: Close-ratio gearbox
Design: A Lightweight Aesthetic Combining Structure & Curve
- Lightweight design ? small bodywork & panels
- Expression of the structural frame
- Accent on curve and fluid form
- No unnecessary plumbing, also allowing less weight and contributing to slender & elegant lines.